viernes, 17 de febrero de 2012

Actividad sobre los pronombres personales de sujeto (A1)

Elige el pronombre personal adecuado para sustituir el sujeto de estas frases:

1. Pedro y María son amigos de infancia.
Peter and Mary are childhood friends.
Ustedes - Ellos - Nosotros - Vosotros - Ellas
It is "ellos" (they) because I am talking about two people who are neither I (the speaker) nor you (the listener). We use the masculine, because Peter is a man. When we have a group of men and women, we use the masculine pronoun to designate the group.

2. Mi hermano y yo vamos al cine los domingos.
My brother and I go to the cinema on Sundays.
Nosotros - Ustedes - Ellos - Vosotras - Yo
It is "nosotros" (we) because I am talking about a group of people in which I am included.


3. Tus amigos y tú sois siempre bienvenidos en mi casa.
Your friends and you are always welcome to my house.
Ustedes - Nosotros - Vosotros - Vosotras - Tú
It is "vosotros" (you all) because I am talking about a group of people in which you (the listener) is included, but I (the speaker) am not. We use the masculine, because "amigos" is masculine. We do not use "ustedes" because the "tú" denotes familiarity, hence we must choose the informal you.

4. Mis padres van al restaurante todos los fines de semana.
My parents go to the restaurant every weekend.
Nosotros - Vosotros - Él - Ellos - Ustedes
It is "ellos" (they) because I am talking about two people you are neither you (the listener) nor I (the speaker). We use the masculine, because one of these two people is a man (my father). 

5. Carmen y Elena son mis mejores amigas.
Carmen and Helen are my best (girl)friends.
Nosotras - Vosotras - Ellas - Ellos - Ustedes
It is "ellas" (they) because I am talking about two girls and neither of them is you (the listener) nor I (the speaker). Since there are no boys in the group, we must use the feminine pronoun.

6. Juan vive en Barcelona.
John lives in Barcelona.
Usted - Ella - Yo - Tú - Él 
It is "él" (he) because I am talking about John, a male, who is neither you (the listener) nor I (the speaker). If John is not you and he is not I, then he is a third person!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario